Canoe is ready. Artists are making last minute adjustments to Songline Stations. School children have made lanterns. The dancers, choirs and musicians are well rehearsed in preparation for when we all Walk this Land.
Some quick updates and reminders to get you ready!
- Yoga in the Youies – Tim from Geelong City Yoga will be on hand from 9am to lead you through a sequence of yoga poses to get you limbered up and walk ready.
- Parking at the You Yangs. Remember, the gates close at 6pm, so park your car outside the gates. There will be a shuttle bus from the car park to Big Rock and back.
- Parking at the City Centre. The Civic Centre Car Park (opposite City Hall, Gheringhap Street Geelong) will open at 5:30am on Saturday - park in casual bays.
- Our friends at the Bellarine Heritage Railway are offering a special Mountain to Mouth service – the best bit? Dogs are allowed! Book your ticket now.
- The Survival Guide has been updated. Make sure you download and print it – and maybe even laminate it to keep it fresh if you are doing the entire 80km walk.
- Weather. If we let our lives be dictated by what the weather did, we wouldn’t do anything! And who would be silly enough to predict what it will be like, even 48 hours out….We do know that it will be windy on Friday and that Saturday will have low cloud, temperature around 20 degrees and a slight breeze – perfect walking weather
- After 5:30pm – if you are walking after sunset, you might want to bring a torch/headlamp to help light your way.
- Lastly, watch out for the Ceremonies, in particular Gathering of the City when M~M coincides with Geelong After Dark. This ceremony is a celebration of you and the distances you’ve already walked!