M~M: GEELONG’S EXTREME ARTS WALK
6 - 7 MAY 2016
M~M is Geelong's multi-award winning extreme arts pilgrimage - an 80 kilometre biennial journey in 12 stages that creates a contemporary songline across the municipality of Geelong, Victoria, Australia.
Walk from the mountain top, across grasslands, industrial nightscapes, the city centre, rural landscapes and beaches. Along the way 12 walking circles feature extreme art installations.
M~M2016 is held in conjunction with Geelong After Dark 2016.
- Community Development Award by the Australian Regional Development Conference Innovation Awards 2015
- 2014 Australian Event Awards:
- National award for Best Community Event;
- State (VIC) award for Best Cultural, Arts or Music Event;
- Finalist in the Australian Event of the Year category.
- VicHealth’s 2014 Health Promotion Foundation Awards:
- Arts Award.
M~M acknowledges Wadawurrung Traditional Owners of this land and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People who are part of the Greater Geelong community today. M~M is part of the Connecting Identities project of the Arts and Culture Department of the City of Greater Geelong.